Saturday 5 March 2011

Climate Change and You're An Idiot.

As a principle, I make it a standard to accept anyone. I don't care how you look, what religion or ethnicity you are, where you live, your love of Justin Beiber, or your lack of understanding Steven Colbert. But I won't accept people who don't believe in climate change.

Granted, I judge people on their views all the time - but that doesn't mean I won't accept them - i'm just rude. But not believing in climate change? Are you kidding me?

I take Environmental Science at school. I take it with a bunch of kids who didn't want to take Chemistry (which I understand, I wish I hadn't taken it), or people who need another credit to graduate and heard it was easy. Because of this, I have to deal with being the only kid in the class who cares about the content. I also have to deal with the annoying kid who doesn't believe any of it is real who sits three places over from me.

Let me just explain something quickly: CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOUR FREAKING OPINIONS ARE - IT'S SCIENCE. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO SAY THAT IT'S A "NATURAL PROCESS" OR THAT "THE DATA WAS FORGED", IT WON'T CHANGE THAT GLOBAL WARMING IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING.

So, kid in class - you are stupid. I don't care how much you scream about drilling Alaska and shooting stuff into space, you will always just be stupid, and I'm going to judge and not accept you AS I PLEASE.

Alright, just needed to get that out.

-Molli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is awesome. Keeps the BunnyMonster at bay.