Sunday 6 March 2011

Movie Speeches

I present to you today two of my favorite movie speeches. I loveee these movies and the themes are sorta the same - the lack of ability to communicate.

So here they are - both impressive movies, both interesting topics, and both horribly fun to recite.

Robin Williams, Good Will Hunting - If I asked you about art you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo. You know a lot about him. Life's work. Political aspirations. Him and the pope. Sexual orientations. The whole works, right? But I bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel."

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939) - "Great principles don't get lost once they come to light. They're right here. You just have to see them again...You think I'm licked. You all think I'm licked. Well, I'm not licked. And I'm going to stay right here and fight for this lost cause, even if this room gets filled with lies like these; and the Taylors and all their armies come marching into this place. Somebody will listen to me."

Keep on keepin' on
-Molli <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is awesome. Keeps the BunnyMonster at bay.